North West Population Health and Prevention Network @nwphpn
‘Building Back Fairer – what has COVID 19 taught us?’ webinar
The 10 Years On Review, #Marmot 2020, confirmed a widening of already gaping health inequalities. It set out the cost to society of these avoidable and preventable health inequities.
The report said:
- Some people can expect to experience more of their lives in poor health.
- Life expectancy had stalled for the first time in 2019.
- There has been a stark decline in life expectancy for the poorest 10% of women.
- Life expectancy gaps between the rich and poor were increasing.
- Place matters, especially when it’s bad for your health as is the case in the North.
Then COVID -19 came along and further amplified these health inequalities and the repercussions in the North were particularly acute. This webinar will reflect on the scale of the challenges and highlight particular impacts in the North of England.
We are delighted to welcome Dr Tammy Boyce, co-author 10 years On and the Northern Health Science Alliance (NHSA) to lead the discussion. Join us to discuss what we can do together to address these inequalities and build back better.