IMPORTANT NOTICE – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 2PM ON WEDNESDAY 13 OCTOBER 2021.
- JOINING INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT BY 4PM ON WEDNESDAY 13 OCTOBER 2021.
- PLEASE REGISTER USING A WORKPLACE EMAIL ADDRESS ONLYThe NHS Planning Guidance for 2021/22 outlined various actions we wanted systems to take to accelerate preventive programme that proactively engage those at greater risk of poor health outcomes.These focused on 3 key areas:
1. Uptake of COVID and flu vaccination has increased significantly across all groups, but inequality has also widened, particularly by deprivation and ethnicity. Systems and providers were asked to take a culturally competent approach to increasing vaccination uptake in groups that had a lower uptake than the overall average areas as of March 2021.
- Preventative programmes and proactive health management for groups at greatest risk of poor health outcomes should be accelerated, as set out in main planning guidance, including:
- Targeting long-term condition diagnosis and management
- Annual health checks for people with severe mental illness (SMI) and learning disabilities
- In maternity care, implementing Continuity of maternity carers for at least 35% of women with the proportion of Black and Asian women and those from the most deprived neighbourhoods.
(Microsoft Teams – Joining instructions will be sent to registered delegates by 4pm on Wednesday 13 October 2021)