To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Health Inequalities – Priority 5: Strengthening leadership and accountability
IMPORTANT NOTICE – PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
- REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 2PM ON WEDNESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2021.
- JOINING INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT BY 4PM ON WEDNESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2021.
- PLEASE REGISTER USING A WORKPLACE EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY
All NHS organisations have been asked to Identify executive level leads for tackling Health Inequalities. Through this webinar, we aim to cover:
- Actions required by systems
- Training, advice and examples on promoting diverse leadership to lead the health inequalities agenda. We will cover in detail:
1. System and provider health inequalities leads to access Health Equity Partnership Programme training, as well the wider support offer, including utilising a new Health Inequalities Leadership Framework (in development).
- Leadership needs to develop inspiring visions of cultural diversity that are put into practice at every level by leaders; identify clear, aligned objectives for all teams, departments and individual staff; provide supportive and enabling people management; develop high levels of staff engagement; support learning, innovation and quality improvement in the practice of all staff and promote effective team working
3. Evidence-based approaches to leadership development in healthcare are needed to ensure a return on the huge investments