To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Learning Disability Awareness and AHC’s: A Whole Practice Approach
Who should attend:
Any staff member who is involved in and/or has an interest in supporting people with learning disabilities (PWLD) to have annual health checks.
Description of training:
- Training sessions will cover what a learning disability is/is not, and the characteristics seen within different levels of LD
- Overview of LD inclusion tool to identify patients, when and how to use
- Overview of LeDeR – purpose and statistics of preventable deaths in PWLD
- Importance of Annual Health Checks and common health issues in PWLD
- Mental Capacity in relation to healthcare for PWLD
- Barriers to accessing equitable healthcare for PWLD
- AHC and health action plans – what should be considered, how to develop an effective HAP
- Effective strategies to support successful AHC’s
- Service aims and objectives of the Health Facilitation Team to support GP practices
- Learning Disability Champion proposal
- Video’s from PWLD – explanation of their experiences of health checks
Please ensure you have access to a camera and microphone to join the meeting.
You will receive a certificate post training for your attendance. Places are limited, if you have booked a place, please ensure you attend.
If you are no longer able to attend, please cancel your place via Eventbrite. If you are struggling with booking or cancelling your place, please contact us on [email protected]