To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Managing Difficult Telephone Conversations (with Resilience) (SOLD OUT)
This interactive course enhances telephone skills to enable your team to develop better rapport with patients, control conversations better, care navigate and also to reduce difficult conversations/abuse.
- Getting the Best out of Patients on the Phone
- Creating the personal connections that are lost in face to face contact
- How your choice of words matters
- Making a great start to create a personal connection
- Techniques to reduce the likelihood of abuse
- Noticing the patient’s mood and flexing your language to create empathy
- Question techniques to ensure that we get the information we need from the patient to care navigate effectively
- Dealing with patients who say too much
- Dealing with patients who might be aggressive or angry
- Dealing with patients who don’t say enough
- Dealing with patients with communication challenges
- Recovering after a tough conversation