Hosted by Reeta Karamchandani, our GP Health and Wellbeing Representative at L&SC PCTH.
Join us on Tuesday 24th May for our first Cooking Event, where Reeta presents various techniques and top tips for meal prepping. Designed specifically for NHS staff working within Primary Care.
Reeta will cover how to be creative when meal prepping, nutritional values of this and the impact on wellbeing when becoming creative and enjoy preparing your food!
Want to get involved?
There will be the opportunity to cook alongside Reeta in this session. But please note this is not compulsory. you are welcome to watch and share ideas. All resources will be sent on the day of the event.
If you wish to cook along.. see the below ingredients you will need to have ready and access to a saucepan:
- Lentils 1 tin or 1 cup cooked (for a family of 4) I prefer split yellow lentils
- Spinach ½ kg bag
- Tomatoes 2 medium, ripe or use tinned chopped tomatoes
- Ginger 1 cm grated or finely chopped
- Garlic 1 or 2 cloves crushed or chopped (omit if you don’t like garlic)
- Olive oil or cooking oil 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Whole Cummin 1 tsp (only if you can get it easily)
- Black pepper ¼ tsp
- Onions chopped to garnish (use only if you like onions)
- Toasted pitta bread 1 per person
- or Roasted potato 1 medium per person
- or Basmati rice (this recipe tastes best with rice and a dash of butter or
- or Wholemeal bread 1 or 2 slices based on your intake for the day
There will be an opportunity to ask questions throughout this session.