The role of the Pharmacy Lead plays a crucial part in the coordination and delivery of Primary Care services. Pharmacies are busy; adapting to deliver new services, meeting demands at pace to support local community population health and operating within Primary Care Networks (PCNs) and Integrated Care Systems. This leadership development programme has been designed to support PCN Pharmacy Leads to identify priorities and increase their impact as a leader.
- A three-part programme delivered virtually over three months.
- An opportunity to network with other Pharmacy Leads, sharing good practice and learning from real and current leadership challenges.
- Designed to allow delegates space and time to consider their impact as a leader on themselves, their teams, as well as the wider health and care system.
Top takeaways from previous delegates:
- Protecting your time is not selfish
- Breaks and downtime are essential tools for encouraging productivity
- Food is a tried and tested method for meaningful team building
- Different management styles suit different people
- Resilience is not just pretending everything is ok in a crisis
“I will now be able to recognise when a different style of management is being used and the effect of that. I will encourage my managers to implement more team building to increase our resilence and look for the ‘josh’s’ when trying to suggest a change..” – Cohort 2 participant