To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Location: West Lancashire Investment Centre, White Moss Business Park, Maple View, Skelmersdale, Lancashire, WN8 9TG
This phlebotomy venepuncture training course is aimed at all healthcare staff, specifically registered nurses, carers and support workers who’s role include taking bloods.
This is ideal for staff who are looking to improve their skills in venepuncture.
The Venepuncture Training will aim to improve the students’ knowledge of the theory surrounding venepuncture including: the correct order of draw, the anatomy of veins and how to select a suitable site – allow students to practice using a synthetic arm.
Please note: This course contains a full practical (face to face) session.
Training includes but is not limited to:
- Identify the suitable veins for Venepuncture
- Identify the indications and contraindications for both the practitioner and the patient
- To discuss the equipment used for performing Venepuncture
- To be made aware of the full procedure and raise awareness for potential policy variations
- To provide simulated practise in a controlled environment to help develop Venepuncture skills
- To consider Venepuncture from patients point of view
Ensure you sign the trainers register on the day with the correct spelling of your name, to receive your certificate.
If you are no longer able to attend, please cancel your place via Eventbrite. If you are struggling with booking or cancelling your place, please contact us on [email protected]
By signing up you agree for your information to be stored and shared by the Training hub, with the Training Provider and with NHSE and HEE, for the delivery of this training, monitoring, reporting and certification purposes only.