Location: Darwen Health Centre, James St West, Darwen BB3 3DQ – Virtual Library
This phlebotomy venepuncture training course is aimed at all healthcare staff, specifically registered nurses, carers and support workers who’s role include taking bloods.
This is ideal for staff who are looking to improve their skills in venepuncture.
The Venepuncture Training will aim to improve the students’ knowledge of the theory surrounding venepuncture including: the correct order of draw, the anatomy of veins and how to select a suitable site – allow students to practice using a synthetic arm.
Please note: This course contains a full practical (face to face) session.
Training includes but is not limited to:
- Identify the suitable veins for Venepuncture
- Identify the indications and contraindications for both the practitioner and the patient
- To discuss the equipment used for performing Venepuncture
- To be made aware of the full procedure and raise awareness for potential policy variations
- To provide simulated practise in a controlled environment to help develop Venepuncture skills
- To consider Venepuncture from patients point of view