To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
QOF QI: Quality improvement in primary care networks
Overview: This webinar is aimed at helping clinical directors of PCNs, and GPs / members of the practice team responsible for or interested in leading peer reviews of quality improvement at the primary care network (PCN) level. It aims to raise confidence at leading effective QI peer review meetings and discuss ways to improve the impact of these meetings on patient care.
- Achieve more from your peer review meetings
- Options for how to plan and organise meetings to engage all stakeholders
- Showcase and celebrate progress made between meetings and maximise shared learning
- Leading PCN wide improvements
- Harnessing the expertise across the network
- Identifying where there is room for collaborative improvement
- Engaging the right skills and expertise in improvement
- Facilitating improvements session
- Celebrating progress towards improvement
Who is it for: PCN clinical directors, Practice QI leads, PCN QI leads, and all members of practice clinical or admin teams interested in improving quality and patient outcomes
Background: Following NHS England’s review of QOF in 2017/18, NHS England and the BMA’s General Practitioners Committee commissioned the RCGP, NICE, and the Health Foundation to develop QI modules for inclusion in the GMS contract. The QI QOF domain recommends the use of QI cycles to address priority areas. In 2019/20 this included modules focused on end-of-life care and prescribing safety. In 2021/22 QOF comprises two modules: the early diagnosis of cancer and care of people with learning disabilities.
This webinar is part of a series which explores how to carry out a QI project, QI at PCN level and sessions on this year’s modules (cancer and learning disabilities).