To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Safely Managing Common Ailments at Home – Become Self-Care Aware
About this event
Join us for this free self-care aware webinar where you will find out about self-care and what it means for safely managing common health conditions at home. Come along and let us help you to help yourself.
The webinar will be presented by experts in self-care and is being hosted by the Self Care Forum, a charity helping people take care of themselves.
The session will increase your knowledge and understanding of key aspects of self-care giving you the skills and confidence you need to better manage your health and support those around you.
- Understand what is meant by self-care
- Appreciate why self-care is important to the wider health and care system
- Identify symptoms of common ailments and how long they normally last
- Know when to seek professional health advice and where to go for that advice
- Consider what makes us adopt certain health behaviours
The health topic covered during the webinar will be based on some of our self-care aware fact sheets which can be accessed here. (https://www.selfcareforum.org/fact-sheets/)
For more information about the Self Care Forum go to the website (www.selfcareforum.org) or contact: [email protected].