e Accelerated Access Collaborative in collaboration with the Academic Health Science Networks (AHSNs) will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday 8 March, 12-1pm, to discuss the implementation of the updated NICE-endorsed Lipid Management Pathway from a clinical perspective.
Please register for this free event via the link. Registered attendees will receive a Teams event link via email following registration.
Implementing effective lipid management for patients is one of the national priorities for the NHS in England in the prevention and management of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD).
The AAC published the updated pathway on 15 December 2021 and it can be viewed and downloaded here alongside an accompanying blog on the Heart UK website.
The webinar agenda will include:
- Chair and welcome – Prof. Julia Newton, Medical Director, North East & North Cumbria Academic Health Science Network
- CVD prevention: the national picture – Dr Shahed Ahmad, National Clinical Director for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, NHSE&I
- Introduction to the latest lipid management pathway – Dr Rani Khatib, Consultant Pharmacist in Cardiology & Cardiovascular Research, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Roundtable clinical discussion: Common clinical scenarios in the lipid management pathway
- Dr Jaimini Cegla, Consultant in chemical pathology and metabolic medicine, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Dr Peter Green, GP Governing Body Member, NHS Kent & Medway CCG
- Additional speakers to be confirmed