To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
Wider Workforce Clinical Supervisors Course
2 Day, Virtual Course delivered via Zoom 09:00 – 16:30 (BOTH DAYS)
- Day 1 – Thursday 14th December 2023
- Day 2 – Friday 19th January 2024
This bespoke, free, two-day virtual course is for General Practice Clinicians working at Advanced Practice level who wish to start their training career by clinically supervising the wider workforce in a Primary Care Learning Environment The course will allow delegates to develop their teaching skills and, on completion of selected workshops, will enable them to supervise specific disciplines within the wider workforce.
“Primary care,being thefrontdoor tothe NHS, has seenthe workload quantityand complexityrise, increasing the pressure on this system. The workforce needed to deliver thisfitforpurposecareneedtomatchthisriseinquantityandvariety.”
BY THE END OF THE COURSE DELEGATES WILL:
- Have knowledge of the disciplines they wish to supervise and how to identify their learning needs
- Be able to structure a teaching session for a learner and be aware of basic teaching methods
- Be able to teach and assess workplace communication skills Understand discipline specific assessments that may be required how to complete them Have developed their own personal learning plan related to their role as a supervisor
- Be able to supervise a wide range of Primary Care Workforce learners including Nurses, ACPs, Physician Associates, Paramedics, Pharmacists
INTERESTED? REGISTER YOUR INTEREST BY CONTACTING [email protected]