To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Workplace Health Champion Training (Lancaster) – 3 days
Location: NHS Moor Lane Mills, Moor Lane, Lancaster, LA1 1QD.
- Day 1: 11th Sept 2023
- Day 2: 18th Sept 2023
- Day 3: 28th Sept 2023
This training is for anyone interested in Health and Wellbeing, who can act as an advocate within their workplace.
Please note registration closes 1 week before first date.
Level 3 Award in Skills for Workplace Health Champions
The Level 3 course provides a deeper understanding of the practicalities of the role and includes an assessment. The first day of Level 3 course covers all of the Level 2 content.
If you wish to complete Level 2 only, you only need to attend day 1. If you wish to complete level 3, you must attend all 3 dates. Please ensure you state this when signing up.
After this course you will:
- Understand different mental health conditions and how to identify them in the workplace
- Understand the importance of healthy eating and consider this in the context of the workplace
- Demonstrate how to conduct research and gather insight into the needs of the workforce relating to sports or physical activity
- Plan and run a workplace health campaign
- Understand the elements of health and safety needed whilst planning a sport/physical activity session
- Facilitate a sport or physical activity session
Following the course, you will receive:
- A pin badge and a fully-accredited certificate within four weeks of the last day of the course
- A copy of the presentation and a resource booklet which includes useful links to further information covered in the course.
You will also have access to:
- Monthly ‘drop-in-clinics’, which will support and guide you in putting your role into practice
- A Facebook group with other Workplace Health Champions, in which there will be competitions, updates and sharing of good news stories from across the programme
- A broader package of training to complement your role, including refresher training, mental health, safeguarding etc.
- Quarterly webinars which offer discussions and information on key topics you may be experiencing as part of the role
You will be contacted by the training provider to give further information. As the course is fully funded by the European Social Fund, you will be asked to complete some online forms in order to check eligibility. These forms should only take no longer than10 minutes to complete. The provider will also require some evidence of employment and proof to live and work in the UK.