Social Care Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
Clinical Skills Training
Face to face training for Nurses in social care:
- To be able to assess the need for catheterisation
- To ensure the practitioner is competent to catheterise a male and/or female patient urethrally by either an indwelling catheter or an intermittent catheter.
- Be aware of the different types of catheters available and which catheter to choose
- Improved knowledge of catheter maintenance solutions
- The importance of reducing infections in line with Saving Lives/Essential Steps documents from the DoH
- Manage a catheter in the hospital and/or a community setting
- Identify legal requirements e.g. documentation & consent
- What is a tracheostomy?
- Why they are performed
- Common complications
- Emergency procedures
- How to care for a patient with a tracheostomy
- Practical session on how to suction a tracheostomy
To become competent in the skill you need to complete e-learning training on e-learning for health: Tracheostomy Safety by following the link www.elfh.org.uk/programmes/tracheostomy-safety/
- To provide awareness of the management and prevention of moisture associated tissue damage and pressure ulceration.
- What is Moisture Associated Tissue Damage?
- Awareness of Management & Prevention Pathway
- Product availability and when to use.
- What is a Pressure Ulcer?
- ASSKINg Bundle
- Intentional Rounding and Skin Assessment
- Contributing factors to Pressure ulceration formation
- Categorisation of pressure ulceration
This venepuncture training course is aimed at Social Care staff, specifically registered nurses, carers and support workers who’s role include taking bloods.
This is ideal for staff who are looking to improve their skills in venepuncture.
The Venepuncture Training will aim to improve the students’ knowledge of the theory surrounding venepuncture including: the correct order of draw, the anatomy of veins and how to select a suitable site – allow students to practice using a synthetic arm.
If you have any questions regarding this event please email our inbox [email protected]
Registered Nurse Forum
All the news from the Registered Nurse Forum will be added here – watch this space!
East Lancashire Training Hub Clinical Offers
View all the upcoming clinical offers in the East Lancashire Area open to all Social Care staff within Lancashire and South Cumbria
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals Simulation & Clinical Skills Centre
View all the upcoming clinical offers in the Blackpool Area open to all Social Care staff within Lancashire and South Cumbria
East Lancashire Hospice - Improving Practice And Confidence Today For End of Life Care
View all the upcoming clinical offers in the East Lancashire Area open to all Social Care staff within Lancashire and South Cumbria.
No dates are currently published, more coming soon.
Chief Nurse Adult Social Care Awards
The chief nurse for adult social care has launched a new award scheme to recognise exceptional practice and outstanding contribution among the adult social care workforce in England. Chief Nurse Adult Social Care Awards: nomination criteria – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)