To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Correspondence Management Workshop – Level 1
Places are limited . If you cannot attend this training, please ensure you have cancelled your place so that others can book on.
This aims to equip operational administrative staff to safely and efficiently take actions where appropriate, and which may include forwarding correspondence to another member of the team, or passing letters to a GP for action if a clinical decision is required. It is a more advanced task than document processing or coding alone.
It requires support staff to have the requisite skills and confidence to consistently make safe and informed decisions about how to code a letter and its contents in the patient record, how to use an approved protocol for deciding which letters need to be sent to a GP and with what level of urgency, and when to ask for help.
AIM – Level 1
By the end of this workshop delegates will have an overview and a clear understanding of the operational value and importance of “Correspondence Management”. Both for improving the patient journey and for helping their Practice to manage workload more effectively and efficiently.
This level promotes a shared understanding and awareness of the potential positive impact of “Correspondence Management” on General Practice.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, introductions and objectives
- Where are we now ?
- What is “Correspondence Management” ?
- What are its benefits ?
- How does it work ?
- What may be some of the barriers to introducing this change?
- What is Clinical Governance and why it is important?
- How to ensure work and information is progressed in a Safe, Efficient and Timely manner
- How “Correspondence Management” improves the Patient experience
- The importance of understanding Read Codes & medical terminology
- How to recognise clinically relevant information within correspondence
- How to process and action a letter to completion or forward to correct recipient
- The importance of – Audit – feedback tools– Significant event reviews
- Action Plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Non-Clinical Primary Care Staff
WHAT DO I NEED?
- MS TEAMS (join on the app or online)
- Preferably a camera and mic to participate
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
Full day (9:30-16:30) Virtual
HOW TO JOIN?
You will receive an email a couple of days prior to the event with all training materials and a link to join the MS Teams training session.