Boost for mental health support at GP practices in Lancashire and South Cumbria (Lancaster Guardian)
Residents in Lancashire and South Cumbria have access to more help from their GP practice thanks to an expansion in specialist staff.
HEE Webinar: Invite to attend ‘Deploying Psychology graduates to primary care and community settings to provide a mental health prevention and promotion service: Results of a feasibility study’
HEENW and LSCFT are pleased to invite you to a webinar describing the outcomes of 18 month feasibility study for psychology graduates working in general practice settings, delivering mental health prevention and promotion work on Thursday 22nd July 11:30- 12:30.
The session will be chaired by Dr Gita Bhutani (Director of Psychological Professions, lscft). The session will be delivered by Dr Miranda Budd (Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Project Lead) with an introduction from Mike Burgess (Workforce and Education Transformation Lead for Lancs & South Cumbria, HEENW)
The session will include:
- An outline summary of the HEE project and key outputs
- The development of the service delivery model and what prevention and promotion work was delivered
- The training, supervision and support the graduates required to meet the demands of the role
- Analysis of the clinical data. Has the prevention and promotion work been effective?
- Working with community groups; what worked and what the challenges were
- Reflections and feedback from the workforce and key stakeholders, including service-users, community groups and general practice staff
- The next steps, how psychology graduates are continuing to work in this way in general practice and community settings
- Opportunity to ask questions
The session is aimed at colleagues in primary care, general practice and community settings, psychological practitioners, mental health workforce planning leads and all those with an interest mental health prevention and promotion work and psychological workforce issues.
Please email [email protected] to confirm your attendance ahead of the day to ensure you are part of the post event distribution list.