Apprenticeships are designed to help individuals develop the skills and knowledge required for a rewarding career and employers to build a workforce with future ready skills.
Apprenticeships can be used for current staff development and to recruit and develop new staff.
Please find details below of various apprenticeships for consideration, along with useful webinars and employer events, links to resources and useful updates.
If you have any questions please contact Olivia Murphy, Apprenticeship Coordinator on 07735161775 or [email protected]
The Social Care & Primary Care Virtual Apprenticeship Event
The Primary and Social Care Apprenticeship Event is coming up on 22nd September!
The event will offer General Practice staff and managers an opportunity to learn about the apprenticeship route to clinical and non-clinical staff development and the support on offer, as well as hear first-hand experience accounts from learners and employers.
Save your seat at the virtual table here.
We look forward to seeing you soon and answering your questions.
Next intakes: August and September 2021
For more information see below:
Details coming soon
- Level 7 MSc apprenticeship (or Direct Entry). For full details please view ACP Principles 21-22 document below.
- Facilitated by HEE and supported by the L&SC PCTH
- HEE support offer once a year (EOI’s Jan 2021)
- Training Hub can support practices to access apprenticeship route independently
- HEE now accepting further applications for ACP programme funding
For more information see the documents below:
Please find useful updates, employer events and information below
Expressions of interests for apprenticeships are now encouraged to be made at any time. Due to varying stages of practices and/or candidates, we feel this will be a more helpful approach.
Anyone who is interested in an apprenticeship (for themselves, current member of staff or to recruit for an apprenticeship position) please complete the internal EOI form.
- Nursing (level 6) and Nursing Associate (level 5) – local universities intakes are usually September and March. The next intake is March 2022
- Management and Project Management (Level 3 and Level 5) – various intakes throughout the year depending on provider. The next intake with Training 2000 is March/April 2022. The next intake with Furness College is considered per candidate
- Senior Health Care Support Worker (Level 3) – local provider intakes are various throughout the year. The next intake with Training 2000 is March 2022
- Coaching Professional (Level 5) plus Optional Mary Seacole – We are working with local partners for a dedicated NW NHS intake with BPP starting 22 November 2021 (Future intakes are TBC). If you are interested, please express your interest asap but no later than 02/09/21.
Please see the programme overview for consideration.
If you are interested in any of the above, or another career pathway, please complete the expression of interest form for more details. Suitable intakes will be dependent on practice and/or candidate stages and requirements.
We are happy to announce that we are now running apprenticeship information webinars, per programme. The first of these and links to the Teams meetings are below. They will cover entry requirements (and options if practice/candidate don’t yet meet these), other stages such as finance and applications and will be a great opportunity to ask questions. They are aimed at managers, candidates, candidate assessors/mentors and also useful for anyone wanting to know more about the programme. For those already actively enquiring/applying, Manager attendance is strongly advised.
Please do ask if you would like the Teams meeting sent to you directly so that it will be added to your calendar.
Nursing Associate Apprenticeship
Nursing Degree Apprenticeship
Senior Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships in Management, Advanced Clinical Practice and others TBC (likely October/November)
If you have any queries about any of the above, please contact Olivia Murphy, Apprenticeship Coordinator, Lancashire and South Cumbria Primary Care Training Hub: [email protected]
These sessions are suitable for any person who is responsible for apprenticeships, or who manages, supports, or works with apprentices.
More information and to book here: Apprenticeships Information Webinars Flyer
HEE have organised working groups to provide employers and staff supporting apprentices, the opportunity to be involved in the development of apprenticeship requirements to ensure apprenticeships specifically meet the needs of Primary Care employers and apprentices.
There are 4 working groups for the following categories and pathways.
All meetings will be virtual via Teams.
For more information including how to book on to the first meeting, please click here.
If you can’t attend the first meeting, you can still request to join a group(s) to be kept informed.
Alternatively you can email Olivia your answers/suggestions to the discussion points identified in the flyer, and she will share these with HEE.
Below is a list of apprenticeships most commonly used in Primary Care:
- Level 2 And 3 Customer Service (HEE carried out a procurement exercise for the level 2 customer service which is bespoke to NHS and includes elements from level 2 business admin – Primary Care can use this)
- Level 3 Business Admin
- Level 3 Team Leader
- Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager
- Level 6 Charter Manager
- Level 7 Senior Leader
- Level 2 Healthcare Support Worker
- Level 3 Senior Health care support Worker
- Level 5 Nursing Associate
- Level 5 Assistant Practitioner
- Level 6 Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship
- Level 7 Advanced Clinical Practice
- Level 3 Pharmacy Technician
There are other apprenticeships available such as HR, IT/Digital, and Procurement.
For information on apprenticeship standards please click here.
Please email Olivia if you are interested in apprenticeships for staff development or recruitment.
The HEE working groups mentioned above will cover all of these.
Health Education England are delighted to announce funding to support the training of pre-registration trainee pharmacy technicians (PTPTs) as part of either a cross sector integrated programme or single sector training within community pharmacy.
HEE are looking to work with employers to support their development of pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeships nationally across England.
HEE Talent for Care Team is funding access to Online Learning and Online Remote Exams in Functional Skills Level 1 and Level 2 in English, Maths and ICT.
Available to all General Practice Staff and funded for a limited time.
Exam bookings must be made before the end of May 2021.
Please see here for details.