The SRH Essentials Course is aimed specifically at healthcare practitioners working in primary care settings. It provides an interactive day with scenario based learning, presentations, time for discussion, questions and role play. It is relevant for those needing an introduction to SRH and also provides a useful update for more experienced staff. These courses are delivered in a variety of locations across the UK. SRH Essentials is not a competency based course and it is not assessed.
The next courses will be taking place on:
- 9th November – The Holiday Inn, Burnley.
- 6th December – The Solaris Centre, Blackpool.
Candidates only need to attend ONE of the dates in the location most convenient for them. You must be available to attend for the whole session. This training is being delivered face to face at the locations listed above.
The course is free to staff working within Blackpool and Lancashire (excluding Blackburn with Darwen).
To book a place: Please email [email protected] with your name, email address and the practice you’re based at.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Who is eligible?
- Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Nurse Specialists
- Extended Role Practice Nurses
- Practice Nurses
- Nursing Partners
- Nurse Dispensers
- Nursing Associates
- Occupational Therapists
For more information or to apply for CPD opportunities, please contact your locality team.
If you don’t see your role on the list above and are interested in CPD opportunities, please email [email protected].
Examples of CPD
The list below is not a full list of CPD activities. It is intended to provide key areas for discussion to support identification of CPD plans.
- Appraisal of Others
- Clinical Supervision
- Clinical Teaching
- Supervisor and Assessor Training
- Root Cause Analysis/Serious Incident Reporting
- Risk Management and Safety Netting
- Online Consultation Training
- Diet – Weight Control & Lifestyle Advice
- Health Promotion
- Biopsychosocial assessment models
- NHS Health Checks
- Management of acute presentations
- Radiology Full Clinical Assessment & Decision Making Skills update
- Referral pathways
- Spinal Presentations/Conditions
- MSK Assessment update
- Paediatric clinical assessment
- Palliative & end of life care
- Telephone Triage
- Sepsis & Signs of Deterioration
- Minor Illness Assessment (face to face)
- Mental Health
- Care of the Older Adult
- Urine analysis
- Interpretation of Blood Results
- Radiological interpretation
- ECG Interpretation
- Travel Health Initial Training
- Travel Health Update
- Dermatology Assessment/Management
- Neurological Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Asthma Diagnosis
- Asthma Management/Review
- COPD Diagnosis
- COPD Management/Review
- Diabetes Diagnosis
- Diabetic Management/Review
- Insulin Initiation/Management
- Diabetic Foot Examination/Care
- Hypertension Management/Review
- Chronic Kidney Disease Management/Review
- Heart Failure Management/Review
- Carviovascular Disease
- Catheter Insertion
- Catherer Care
- Injection technique
- Ear Irrigation
- Electrocardiogram performance
- Injection Zoladex/Lidocaine
- MSK Injection
- Minor Surgery
- Initial Childhood Immunisation Training
- Childhood Immunisation Training Update
- Annual Seasonal Vaccination Training
- Travel Vaccinations
- Gynaecological Examinations
- LARC Training
- Contraceptive Implant/Coil Training
- Contraceptive Implant/Coil Update
- Contraception Initiation
- Contraception Review
- Cervical Cytology Initial Training
- Cervical Cytology Update
- Cervical Cytology Mentor Training/Update
- Womens Health Training
- HRT Training
- Ring Pessary Training
- Doppler Training
- Compression Therapy
- Tissue Viability
- Wound Care/Management
“I just wanted to send a quick email to say how great the PITstop diabetes 3-day course was. It was excellently run, very informative and very relevant to my everyday practice, I have taken so much away from this course and thoroughly recommend it to others.
Thank you so much for putting this on, I was a bit scared of diabetes before this course, but I feel more confident with it now – I will still need support but do feel like I can support people with diabetes and lifestyle much more confidently.
Thank you so much for the opportunity of this training.”
– Zoe Davis, February 2022
Higher Education Institutes (HEIs)
Edge Hill University
Continuing Professional Development Modules for Health and Social Care Practitioners
Develop your skills in a specific area of healthcare with our range of health and nursing short courses.
These include top-up courses specialising in community nursing, through to critical care, palliative care and general practice.
Meet Our CPD Team
Quality & Assurance Lead (CPD Lead)
FOR CPD ENQUIRIES
Contact your Locality Team
Laura Jane Lloyd
Greater Preston, Chorley and South Ribble