To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Correspondence Management Workshop – Level 3
This aims to equip operational administrative staff to safely and efficiently take actions where appropriate, and which may include forwarding correspondence to another member of the team, or passing letters to a GP for action if a clinical decision is required. It is a more advanced task than document processing or coding alone.
It requires support staff to have the requisite skills and confidence to consistently make safe and informed decisions about how to code a letter and its contents in the patient record, how to use an approved protocol for deciding which letters need to be sent to a GP and with what level of urgency, and when to ask for help.
AIM – Level 3
By the end of this workshop delegates will have both consolidated their learning from previous workshops and also grown their understanding of the importance, for patient safety ,of both working to protocols and learning from experience. Delegates will not only have time to learn, share and reflect but will also develop a personal action plan and some simple templates
Level 3 incorporates an online assessment for each candidate taken in their own time at the practice.
The topics that will be covered include;
- Welcome, introductions and objectives
- What are we doing now ?
- What is the required change ?
- What is our route map ?
- How to do this safely?
- Managing potential risk – a 5 stage approach
- The importance of Clinical Governance
- GP Champion
- Medico-legal considerations
- How to work effectively and efficiently
- The importance of protocols
- What are they ?
- What makes a good, safe, effective protocol ?
- Knowing your limitations
- Reviewing a simple protocol
- The Importance of the audit cycle/feedback cycle
- Who is responsible for what ?
- Compliance with CQC’s 5 key questions
- Learning from experience and the the PDSA cycle
- Action Plan
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Non-Clinical Primary Care Staff
WHAT DO I NEED?
- MS TEAMS (join on the app or online)
- Preferably a camera and mic to participate
HOW LONG IS THE COURSE?
Full day (9:30-16:30) Virtual
HOW TO JOIN?
You will receive an email a couple of days prior to the event with all training materials and a link to join the MS Teams training session.