To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
- This event has passed.
Demystifying InPlace: Operational Opportunity and System Design (HEE)
HEE’s update on their progress as the: PanManUCLAN consortium in the development of their electronic placement management system, InPlace.
“As you might be aware, this has been a collaborative development between 5 HEIs since 2016 when HEE commissioned this solution to the management of allocations, capacity and quality assurance. This system will facilitate an improved student experience, enhanced communications across HEIs, practice and learners, reduction in administrative burden, but most importantly, providing a single point of truth for capacity management across professions in the North West. After a long journey we are very pleased to inform you that we are now at the point of finalising the system build ready for implementation in the Autumn term. More information regarding the system is below:
What does each system do?
- InPlace Institute: This is a HEI managed system allowing learner and programme information to be input.
- InPlace Network: This is the collaborative system in which learning environment details and capacity agreements are input and allocation of learners can be actioned.
- InPlace Network+: This is the enhanced element (following additional funding) of the system to manage learning environment profiles and quality assurance to ensure excellent student experience
This is the point where we need representation from yourselves and your teams in order to ensure that the operational processes are fit for purpose and enable us to work collaboratively and cohesively as a system.
We are delivering a series of webinars over the coming months to tell the story of the development of this product and to seek consultation with all of the professions who will be utilising the system. This consultation process is essential to provide colleagues with the opportunity to understand the system, shape the design and mapping of processes to ensure best use of the system for all.
The details of the webinars are below and we would encourage you to share this widely with your teams in order to ensure full representation:
The Pan-Man UcLan consortium, a collaborative group of LSC and GM HEIs, HEE and practice representatives would like to invite you to join the upcoming webinar series titled “Demystifying InPlace: Operational Opportunity and System Design”- running from until 28th July. InPlace is a collective term used to describe two systems (InPlace Institute and InPlace Network) which have been under development across GM and LSC for the past 3+ years, which are also in existing use across C&M.
What is the purpose of the webinars?
The webinars are your opportunity to explore the development journey so far, and more importantly co-design the process for using the system for placement capacity and allocation of learners to the learning environments.
The intention is to have every placement and learning environment organisation represented throughout the sessions, each session is profession specific therefore:
· if your role is multi-professional please judge which sessions you feel would be most appropriate to attend
· review whether session attendance can be delegated across your team
· each session will be recorded so there’s an opportunity to hear the discussion following
· if unable to attend a session please submit any initial thoughts or queries via the padlet tool
· there are multi-professional ‘mop up’ sessions for those unable to attend any of the earlier webinars
Please find a link to register your attendance, you will be sent a meeting invite following registration: https://forms.office.com/r/hQ9z7gccmY
In order to ensure that you get the most from this session, we would ask you to do three things in preparation:
1. Access the padlet link and post any questions that you have about the system: https://manchester.padlet.org/mllxgkh2/f82cotti9sgcpl6z
2. For your own profession, consider the current process of deciding on capacity and allocating students to learning environments. How does this work from the beginning in terms of organisation and agreement all the way through to supporting the learner during their learning experience?
3. Imagine you have a magic wand… consider what your perfect world would be in the management and allocation of placements. What is your wish list?
The sessions will be reliant on participation of all and some interactive resources may be used but shared on the day, outputs of all sessions will be collated and shared.”
Please direct any regarding registering attendance to: [email protected]