To book a place on a training session, please click on your chosen event and register through the Eventbrite link provided.
Please note, these events are for staff employed within the Lancashire and South Cumbria healthcare system only.
Available to Social Care staff working within the Lancashire and South Cumbria postcodes only:
The purpose of this session is to develop the skills and knowledge of HCA’s in the correct use of medication, how to ensure it is safely managed stored, administered and recorded effectively.
• How to administer medicines in a systematic way to reduce the risk of errors
• How to give medicines in a person-centred way
• Explain why mistakes happen and how to minimise the chances of them occurring
• How to administer tablets, liquids, creams, inhalers, patches, and eye drops
• How to record when medication is administered to an individual using service specific documentation here possible
Method of learning Microsoft Teams 3 hours
The training is entirely online learning which is led by a tutor in real time. You will need access to a computer and internet during all the training, preferably the trainer will need to be able to see and hear from you as the training will be interactive.
- As spaces are limited, we request that you register a maximum of 2 staff from each care organisation.
- If you have any questions regarding this training please email our inbox [email protected]
- If you are no longer able to attend, please cancel your place via Eventbrite. If you are struggling with booking or cancelling your place, please contact us on [email protected]
- No other participants can take part unless they are registered.
- Whilst we understand it is not always possible it is preferred that each student is online on their own device, however if this is not possible and there is more than one person sharing the screen, then they must all make themselves aware to the tutor, as we are able to issue any certificates of completion if we do not have the details of all those on the training.
- If those attending do not give the tutor their name, their place of work and their job role, then we will not be able to issue certificates to that person.