Luminate Education Group
Luminate Education Group
For all Employers:
• If apprentice is under the age of 25, Employer may not have to pay Class 1 Employer National Insurance. Full details and criteria are found here
• The following are only available for apprenticeships starting between 1 August 2023 – 31 July 2024 (full details and criteria are found within the ESFA Funding Rules)
• £1,000 if apprentice is aged 16 to 18 years’ old, OR aged 19 to 24 years’ old and has an education health and care (EHC) plan/been in the care of their local authority
• Gov will fund 100% of the tuition fee if employer supports a young apprentice AND has fewer than 50 employees.
Apprenticeships require learners to achieve specific new knowledge, skills and behaviours (KSBs), which are detailed in the Apprenticeship Standard. These are achieved by;
1) Programme Teaching; online coaching sessions , workshops (once a month) and online resources.
2) Independent study; such as assignment/project research and write up
3) Learning in the workplace; shadowing colleagues, completing programme assigned work based projects, day-to-day development within your current role duties/work activities, reflections with mentor, relevant training sessions.
•English and Maths L1 are desirable, however they can be worked towards while undertaking the qualification. A minimum L1 Math and English must be evident/achieved to enter in to the EPA gateway, level 2 FS exams must be attempted.
•A commis chef is supervised in their work and reports to a senior chef. In a smaller establishment this may be the Head Chef or Chef Patron or may be a Chef de Partie in a larger organisation using the kitchen hierarchy system.
• Employed 30 hours or more per week for the duration of the apprenticeship. The apprenticeship duration may be extended to support staff who work less than this (will be looked at on individual basis)
•To attend review meetings with the assessor and apprentice every 8 -12 weeks to discuss progress.
•To support the learner with off the job training.
It takes on average 1 month to complete all application stages for this programme.
If recruiting to this position, additional time will be required for recruitment and advertising stages.
Please note Applications for the HEE ACP Funding Grant will usually need to be completed earlier.
Primary Care Employees:
• Have access to all resources provided by the L&SCPC Training Hub such as Digital training, Health and Wellbeing support and events.
Social Care Employees:
• Have access to all resources provided by the L&SCSC Training Hub such as training, Health and Wellbeing support and events.”
If you would like to discuss or apply for an apprenticeship either for yourself, a member of staff or a vacancy for a new recruit, please complete the appropriate Training Hub Expression of Interest Form from the following options. This allows the apprenticeship team to complete basic pre-checks and to ensure the advice and guidance provided to you is tailored to your service. When relevant, application instructions (including tuition fee and funding instructions) will be sent.