Primary Care Navigation Training is designed to specifically support primary care staff in having conversations that will encourage patients to see the most appropriate person to manage their needs with the Forward View requiring that primary care takes the lead on signposting patients to the most appropriate support (other than the GP they want to see), practice staff will need to learn a range of skills in holding these conversations and dealing with the challenges of patient expectation and behaviour.
- What is care navigation?
- Why is care navigation essential in taking primary care forward?
- Recognising the care navigation we are already doing.
- Understanding that signposting is not triage
- Tips to ensure that patients have confidence in the process
- Supporting patients who are reluctant to not see a GP
- Managing aggression and frustration
- Minimising abuse
- Developing self-confidence in the role